Saturday, August 11, 2018

Beyond Superficiality

Here
Take this mirror
Look deeply into your eyes
And tell me what do you see there
Do you recognize this lovely soul you are?
Do you see your heartbreaks
And all the things that have ever made you lose faith?
Do you see this wonderful strength you own
Right there in the sparkle of your pupil?
Can you acknowledge your vulnerability
And cry out for all the help you need?
Can you cry out instead of crying in
And then laugh out real loud
With all the breathe in your lungs?
Can you open your heart out
To yourself, to all the mistakes you have ever made,
To all the guilt you now possess,
And all the fears that enslave you in their bounds?
And then, can you open your heart to me?
Tell me who you are?
Tell me what makes you sick
And what causes that anticipatory excitement in you?
Can you take me in you
Let me stay there for a while
Where we shall laugh and cry and exchange our experiences?
Together?
Not just you
Not just me
But as we, like a very raw human bonding
Which our ancestors have experienced
In the cold nights around fire
With songs that sings the melody of their true being
As and for each other?

No comments:

Post a Comment