Tuesday, August 15, 2023

Dying Hope

How difficult is this feeling
To let someone go
A person you were getting to know
Is now becoming unknown. 

How tiring it is
To live an unfulfilled romance
You are left hanging between
Being hurt and never be hurt again. 

I wonder if I overread your actions
What if I was wrong to come to the conclusion
That you were not just leaving by mistake
But that you actually wanted to leave in the first place. 

What if I wake up tomorrow with your text
Prompting me to miss you
And believe in you once again
And question why I felt what I felt. 

Or if I am throwing you off
And you are tired of defending your purity
And this time you couldn't
Pamper my insecurities. 

Or perhaps I want to believe in a mere chance
I am living in a dying hope
And as 'we' fall apart
Maybe you can extend your hand for one last hold. 

No comments:

Post a Comment