Tuesday, August 15, 2023

What A Waste!

Grieving is never easy
Separation lasts much longer than the moment
And that's why I had pulled up my guards
Before you made me believe in us. 

I wanted to believe, the fault was mine
Though I was pretty sure every love hurts
And every relationship ends
And yet I did both
I want to believe in exceptions
I want to believe in magic
I want to live the fairy tale of love
A romantic cliche

Endless nights of intertwined bodies
Lingering frangrances
Sweet promises, fulfilling hopes
Lovely visions of the future
Sharing the feelings, the thoughts, 
The places, meals, and songs. 
I wanted to get wasted
In the most comforting cuddles
For elongated hours. 

And if we had to separate, at least it will be
With a sweet longing
Knowing that you were the best thing that
Happened to me. 

But this love... 
What a waste of hope! 

1 comment: