Friday, August 25, 2023

This Last Meet

I wish we had not met

When again
I somehow managed to nullify the intensity
Of my feelings for you
When I convinced myself
Of the impossibility of our love
When I let the doubts seep in
When I found comfort in blaming you
When I didn't get the revert I desired
When you just stayed aloof

I wish we had not met again after that. 

When it became easier 
To live with your absence

I wish I never agreed to meet you again. 
I wish I had stayed convinced that you were gone. 
That I no longer need to wait for you. 

That acceptance is much more easier
Than this longing that doesn't seem to end
Day in and day out
I wish for the these days of separation to end. 

Are you thinking of me though? 
I was sure that you were not until we met
One last time
And this one last meet
Though loving
Is heartbreaking
I now wish that you are thinking of me. 

Sometimes, do you? 

I wish we had not met this one last time. 
For my life would have stayed smooth. 
And my heart, at peace. 
I am unable to quench this fire now. 
I am getting burnt. 
In this love, my love. 

No comments:

Post a Comment