Wednesday, April 15, 2020

Epilogue to an Unwritten Book

With the closing book cover, who all shall seek its end?
The greatest of stories are lived through, they don't become obsolete or dead.
The characters still aspire big,
They haven't turned strong, they are still weak
And as you became a witness to the stronger bonds
Some follies in their nature still lives.
Happy are not the endings, sad are not the deaths
All you have lost along the book
Will have to remain in your head
Those who stayed alive by the writer's mercy
Are only but walking on the edge of their demise
And if this book hasn't yet stirred some controversy
In your heads and talks, is but a surprise.

And I shall take your leave for now
Writing is tedious,
And the protagonist still makes me raise my brow.

I ain't hinting on any sequel
Stay in restless peace, my dear reader.

No comments:

Post a Comment