Wednesday, April 01, 2020

Quarantined

I've lived my days on earth enraged
Rolling past the terrains of disaster
Bowing seeds in the farms of melancholy
And holding onto the person it was a pain to see.

I was dismayed with non-enchantingness of wildfires
I've hunted down animals on roads with screeching tires
I've lived by the screaming cries coming out from another room
And then I'd waited to see my future in bloom.

I've learnt to ignore and stay in bliss
I've deafened my eyes and yet the luxury I'd see
I've unloved the love and smashed the virtues
I felt I was a true bird in sky, apart from the other few.

The concepts were changed, the beliefs modulated
Only the things that mattered to me were tolerated
With what I am, I had declared myself best
To hell with the others, I couldn't care about the rest

Now quarantined — I am stuck, my ego has been burst
Amazed at how the world continued, coming out of its curse
My window literally has got grills to save me from my own form
And in this confinement I peered to see the streets down

With none of myself out there, the world looked more mindful
The birds were hopping around and teasing each other for the food
I saw one crow tip-toeing to see me in my captivity
Catching me amazed, leaving no room for profanity

And then a sparrow hopped to the sill, just two feet apart
Looked me in the eye, and understood my swaying heart
And for that brief moment I felt rather better this way
Let the birds come and greet you in your cage everyday.

No comments:

Post a Comment